(1) And Ya’aqob called his sons and said, “Gather together, so that I declare to you what is to befall you in the last days:
(2) “Gather together and hear, you sons of Ya’aqob, and listen to Yisra’el your father.
This study we will look at the prophecy of the tribes of Israel. They were all 12 tribes dispersed into the world and nobody knows where they may be. However Yah knows where every single one is the tribe members are. We should be able to determine who is who when we look at the prophecies given to these tribes for the Last Days. Why would Yah provide prophecy for each tribe if we are unable to trace where each tribe is? We will look at prophecy but we will need to test all the information for ourselves to see whether it is true or not. May Yeshua have mercy on us and guide us to His truth, the only truth.
(3) “Re’uben, you are my first-born, my power and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of exaltation and the excellency of power.
(4) “Boiling like water, you do not excel, because you went up to your father’s bed, then you defiled it – he went up to my couch.
- You do not excel
SHIMON AND LEVI:
(5) “Shim’on and Lewi are brothers, their weapons are implements of violence.
(6) “Let my being not enter their council, let my esteem not be united to their assembly; because they slew a man in their displeasure, and they lamed an ox in pleasure.
(7) “Cursed be their displeasure for it is fierce, and their wrath for it is cruel! I divide them in Ya’aqob and scatter them in Yisra’el.
- Their weapons are implements of violence
- Their displeasure is fierce
- Their wrath is cruel
- I divide them in Ya’acob
- Scatter them in Israel
(8) “You, Yehudah, your brothers praise you; your hand is on the neck of your enemies; your father’s children bow down before you.
(9) “Yehudah is a lion’s cub; from the prey you have gone up, my son! He bowed down, he crouched like a lion. And like a lion, who does rouse him?
(10) “The sceptre shall not turn aside from Yehudah, nor a Lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh comes, and to Him is the obedience of peoples.
(11) “Binding his donkey to the vine, and his donkey’s colt to the choice vine, he washed his garments in wine, and his robes in the blood of grapes.
(12) “His eyes are darker than wine, and his teeth whiter than milk.
- Your brothers praise you
- Your hand is on the neck of your enemies
- Your father’s children bow down before you
- A lion’s cub
- The sceptre shall not turn aside from Yehudah
- Lawgiver from between his feet
- To Him is the obedience of peoples
(13) “Zebulun dwells at the seashore, he is for a haven for ships, and his border is unto Tsidon.
- Dwells at the seashore
- A haven for ships
- His border is unto Tsidon
(14) “Yissaskar is a strong donkey lying down between two burdens,
(15) and he saw that a resting place was good, and that the land was pleasant, and he inclined his shoulder to bear a burden, and became a subject to slave labour.
- A strong donkey
- Between two burdens
- Became a subject to slave labour
(16) “Dan rightly rules his people as one of the tribes of Yisra’el.
(17) “Dan is a serpent by the way, an adder by the path, that bites the horse’s heels so that its rider falls backward.
(18) “I have waited for your deliverance, O YHWH!
- Rightly rules his people
- Is a serpent by the way
- Adder by the path
(19) “Gad, a raiding band raids him, but he raids its heel.
- Raiding band raids him
- He raids its heel
(20) “Bread from Asher is rich, and he gives delicacies of a sovereign.
- Bread is rich
- He gives delicacies of a sovereign
(21) “Naphtali is a deer let loose, he gives words of elegance.
- Deer let loose
- Gives words of elegance
(22) “Yoseph is an offshoot of a fruit-bearing tree, an offshoot of a fruit-bearing tree by a fountain, his branches run over a wall.
(23) “And the archers have bitterly grieved him, shot at him and hated him.
(24) “But his bow remained in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the Mighty One of Ya’aqob – from there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Yisra’el –
(25) from the El of your father who helps you, and by the Almighty who blesses you with blessings of the heavens above, blessings of the deep that lies beneath, blessings of the breasts and of the womb.
(26) “The blessings of your father have excelled the blessings of my ancestors, up to the limit of the everlasting hills. They are on the head of Yoseph, and on the crown of the head of him who was separated from his brothers.
- Offshoot of a fruit bearing tree
- His branches run over a wall
- The archers have bitterly grieved
- Shot at him and hated him
- His bow remained in strength
- The arms of his hands were made strong
- Blessings of the heavens above
- Blessings from the deep that lies beneath
- Blessings of the breasts and of the womb
(27) “Binyamin is a wolf that tears, in the morning he eats prey, and at night he divides the spoil.”
- A wolf that tears
- In the morning he eats prey
- At night he divides the spoil
These are some of the prophecies regarding the tribes of Israel.
Until next time.